Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Wooo Chicago! Amazing. Kayla's friends were wonderful. My time there was definitely short, but way sweet.
Kayla picked me up and then we headed to her place in Madison. The whole reason she was going to Chicago was to drop off a veil that she made for a friend, and it ended up snagging. She had to start it all over again so we chilled (ok. Roasted, her air wasn't working) in her apartment, and finally hit the road at about 6... ending up in Chicago at about 9:30. We met her house group, and they were an amazing bunch of people. Her friend Tricia was super nice, and we talked right away, which isn't an easy thing for me to do. We then went to her friend Emily's apartment to crash... and I think I fell in love. With the apartment I mean. It was an old house with 3 stories, and they lived on the 3rd floor. It was so sweet and little.. and aw.
We woke up about 9 the next morning and Kayla had to finish up the veil. So after a quick stop at Jo-Ann's and a grocery store to pick up some munchies, we headed to Starbucks to get coffee and finish the veil. Mmm I think I'm starting to like coffee. Anyways, we finished the veil. And then I got to experience the L-Train for the first time! That was fun... I ended up doing a lot of waiting for Kayla. She had to take care of some college stuff and some bank stuff. But I got to see where she used to work, and the custom-fit shoe store where I saved her from countless hours of boredom (I would talk to her on MSN when I didn't have class). Then we met up with her ex-boyfriend (I seriously think she was trying to set me up with him, but it's painfully obvious that he still wants her). We floated around lake Michigan for about an hour... then went and got some amazing ice cream, which Larry paid for. Then we had to drive around and find a place to leave the veil, and that took longer than expected.
Finally we were on our way home. We stopped at the Belvedere Oasis and realized that we hadn't taken many pictures, so we figured we better get on that. And we were outside on these tables, at 11 pm taking all these pictures. And a semi driver honked at us, and we were like what the heck? And we realized that he was laughing at us. I'm sure he thought we were drunk!
I learned 2 things. That if I ever decide to move to Chicago, for some strange reason, I'll already have friends there. :) And #2. Don't wear flip flops when you walk all over Downtown Chicago. Can you say Blisters? Ouch.

But I'm home, safe and sound, and hopefully planning another trip soon :D

3 comments:

Valerie said...

um, hello?! i still get happy meals, too, and i'm freaking 45!

so glad you had a great time, even if it was hurry up & wait!

Steff said...

I love happy meals too! Except for me it's all about portion control :) Roadtrips are always a blast. Even if they don't seem like a blast at the time...they are always fun!

Anonymous said...

Be glad you just got honked at at the Belvedere Oasis, yikes, you could have got shot at. Not the nicest place.

mom