Wednesday, April 09, 2008

So it's been awhile since I've had a real update. Things are going well for once, everything's starting to fall into place. Got my summer job, where I'm going to live (subleasing from a friend, which I would much rather do than sublease from a stranger). And the boy situation is good. But let me just say this whole long distance thing kinda sucks... lol. And our schedules are so conflicting. Weekends are good for me, and suck for him, but he has Sundays and Mondays off, and I have class from 8-5:30 on Mondays sooo... hopefully once the summer comes it'll all be better. Especially if he could ever get a set schedule... haha.
So my boss asked me all the days that I wanted off this summer, so I took off my birthday, and that's about the only day she said she could give me off since it wasn't on a weekend. Camping 4th of the July weekend with the family? Nope, that's Riverfest. Helping prepare for Aaron's grad party? Nope, it's a weekend. Going to Ohio with Michael for his sister and brother-in-law's retirements from the Army? It's a possibility. I thought that was the whole reason I made that list, so I could get the days off that I wanted. I mean I didn't ask for more than 10 days off the whole summer. "It just all depends on when the new people want off!" Umm... hello, and who's been working there longer? Ugh, but whatever.
Last day of classes is coming up soon! May 16th! I am so ready for this semester to be over, it's been tough, and am definitely looking forward to taking classes I actually want to! Don't remember if I said this, but I officially declared my minors. Psychology Major with a Sociology Minor and a CYCE (Child/Youth Care Emphasis) Minor. Sound smart? Or stupid? lol... we will see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart choices on the minors. Will you be getting any teaching credits or are you going that direction? That is the only thing I regret not doing in college - it would have been more work and probably an extra year, but do wish I would have had the option later in life to be a teacher.
Welcome to the wonderful world of work and bosses. You will have to start using your reverse psychology on them and say you don't need any days off, and then they will probably force you to take days off, and if you're lucky, it might be ones you actually would like off! Can't believe you wouldn't get seniority over the 'new' people tho. Unfair.
Good luck with the long distance relationship. It will work out if it was meant to be. Me and hubby did 10 years of it while I was traveling - 7 of that before we got married. It was hard, but by going through it, we learned that it was meant to be - for us anyway - and also learned not to take each other for granted. Good luck!