Monday, October 30, 2006

Update! Because I know you all drop everything to read what I have to say! :)

So. It's almost 5:00. And it's getting dark out! This daylight savings thing is crazy. And it doesn't really work getting that extra hour of sleep if you stay up until 2 a.m. anyways! hehe.

Pre-Calc is still hard. But I have the rest of the semester to buckle down & get my grade back up there. I almost dropped it, but I decided to stick it out. I'll have 6 more quizzes and a final in that class, hopefully I can do much better on all of them!

All of my other classes are pretty easy, and I enjoy them for the most part. I don't really care for my speech class... too much preparation and not enough of your grade depends on your actual speech, but I guess sometimes that's a good thing.

My friend Miranda (from Minnesota, yes dad, pretty much all of my friends are from Minnesota! lol) and I decided that we are going to be roommates next year! Now we just have to decide which hall we want to live in, and we're not living in one on the edge of campus like Coate!

Hm... not a whole lot else going on. College is tons of fun, and I'm having a blast. I'm meeting new people every day, and I've made some new friends. I finally got a fish too! I named it Jenna (after my friend Jenna, she insisted!). Well, it's a contest. Each room gets a fish, and whoever can keep theirs alive the longest will win movie tickets! I don't care about the contest, I just really wanted a fish, and mom and dad wouldn't let me have one! lol. This is actually our 2nd fish, since the first one died within 24 hours, we got a new one (who knew you couldn't keep fish on top of a microwave?)! lol.

Last Thursday I went to Ghoulees in the Coulees. It's a "haunted" trail, and I got to scare people! It didn't get really fun until it was dark out. I had a black ski mask on and work all black. It was so much fun, I leaned up against a tree, and people would just look at me and jump! lol. But it was a fun way to get my volunteer hours in.

Well, I need to go check on my laundry. Oh, the joys of living on the 4th floor! lol.
I hope everyone is doing well!

Al

5 comments:

Steff said...

Hi. I saw somewhere that you had a blog that didn't get a lot of traffic so I'm being traffic!

I remember my college years (I make it sound like it was so long ago...just a year). I loved it.

And I lived on the 5th floor so I completely understand about laundry. I used to wait until I practically had nothing to wear and then I'd take up all the machines in the laundry room so laundry would only take 2 hours.

I completely agree with you on the daylight savings time thing. I can't do my nightly walks anymore because it gets so dark so soon. Bummer...

Okay, I've probably taken up enough comment space. Good luck with pre-cal!!

doodlebugmom said...

Hey Al! Just saying hi, you left Barb's bowl on the dryer. Jill has a surprise for you when you get home.

We have a virus on our home computer. Ick!

mom :o)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...you're in pre-cal? i got kicked out of pre-algebra and put back in bonehead math. so guess what? because you're in pre-cal, you don't get to whine because you're on the 4th floor & laundry is on the bottom floor! HA!!!!!
(ok - just kidding - i'm really impressed at anyone that can do any kind of math that well!)

when do you get to go home for Thanksgiving? - - - valerie

Anonymous said...

p.s.! i did a haunted house once too...someone threw flour in my face (intentionally) so i could look scary, but it got in my eyes so all the screaming i did wasn't an act. whatever...it scared all the kids!

Allison said...

I am taking Pre-Calc, but I'm still not doing very well in it! lol.
My last day of classes is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and I will be done at noon. I am so pumped for a break! haha.