Sunday, October 01, 2006

Well. Tomorrow will offically be one month since move-in day. I can't believe how fast it's gone! Really, it only seems like it's been a couple of weeks.
I paid my tuition this week too. I am officially a poor college kid. To quote Relient K: "I'm poor, I'm starving, I'm broke, I've got no cash to spend..." Not really, but it feels that way! I am definitely going to be looking for a job soon!
This weekend was Oktoberfest. Well, actually it lasts until next weekend. And you know what that means! BEER! And no, I didn't drink. We went to the parade. I guess I'm used to little Fennimore parades, lasting not much more than a 1/2 hour. The Oktober fest parade was at least 3 hours! It was very impressive!
Then afterwards, we stopped at a local church because they were giving away free rootbeer floats. I ended up really liking the church. I had seen it before (it's right around the corner from a bus stop), but after actually visiting, I thought I would try it out. So I went there this morning, and I really liked it. It's Cornerstone Community Church, and everyone there was so friendly. I went with Bree & Miranda, and a lot of people came up and introduced themselves to us. I think I will be going there more often.
Well, I suppose I better go and try to get some reading done. History and Women's Studies. Ick. lol.
I hope everyone is doing well, and I hope to see you all soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least you've got room and board and tuition paid for the semester - so a roof over your head - even if it is on fourth floor! And I know what you mean about being a poor college kid. I was lucky to land a job my second semester in the college administration offices - I could type and my cousin just left so let me know there was an opening. . . I kept the job the rest of my 3 and a half years there, and boy did it help with the spending money, and rent, and tuiotion. Was so lucky. Hope you can find one, and one that you can stand and will be flexible with your schedule. If you are into sales, this is the start of the busy retail season of the year, so they are looking for help.
Glad you found a friendly church. That can mean so much. And will help you meet and find friends in the community (and maybe find a job through connections there!). I always liked to meet and get to know the "natives" - at college, and then the next ten years while I was traveling the U.S. I met so many interesting people.
Good luck in your classes - hope Women's Studies is interesting - don't take it for granted - it has taken us a long time to get where we are, and we aren't there yet!!