Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's hard to believe that first semester is almost over! It really seems like just yesterday was move in day, and I was freaking out because I was afraid I wouldn't make any friends. Well, I didn't have to worry about that. I found a good group of friends, and we don't have to drink to have a good time! That's one of the other major things about college. I guess I didn't realize that once you go to college, you're expected to drink and party all the time. I can't believe all the people who don't believe me when I tell them I don't do stuff like that, and I'm like seriously, what makes college any different in high school?
I don't know, I guess I just don't see any reason to go out and get smashed. I've seen the girls in my cube, and how they act when they're drunk, and it's not appealing to me at all. Like I tell my friends, I do stupid enough stuff when I'm sober, I'd really hate to see what I'm like when I'm drunk! And I think when I am old enough to drink, or do start drinking, or whatever, I don't want to get drunk. Like I said, I just don't get the point. And especially going to house parties. That just seems dumb to me. Especially when it ups your chances of being busted? To me, drinking is not worth a $300 ticket. I could think of much better ways to spend my money.
Wow, so that was my little rant for the day.
Finals really shouldn't be too bad. Next week we only have 3 days of classes, and then Thursday is a study day, and finals start on Friday. In class next Tuesday I have my Theatre Apprec. final, which should be easy. For History and Women's Studies, I have take home finals that are both due on Wednesday. Then on Saturday I have my speech final, and finally on Tuesday I have my Pre-Calc final. That is definitely the one that I am most worried about, I really need to do well on it.
Hm. I think that's about it, and this blog is long enough, I suppose. If you read all of this, you are amazing... lol.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. I am amazing!

~mom

Anonymous said...

your mom is funny!!

trust me...college doesn't really SEEM like college till your soph year..by then the newness of "being on your own" wears off and (most!)everyone becomes the smart people that we know is really in there.

the drinking thing too will eventually wear off, too...the charm soon passes, and everyone gets bored with it.

most everyone.

good luck in finals next week sweetie...and get a safe trip home!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cousin! Good attitude on the drinking scenario. I was designated driver for a lot of my friends when I was your age, as I did not drink as often as they did. Sure, I experimented (it was legal at 18 then), but only when I had to walk home - so you knew you couldn't get so smashed you couldn't walk. But yes, it was a phase. Am glad we grew up in families where we did not need to drink to have fun. We enjoyed lots of good times sober!
Keep up the good work! We are so proud of you! Glad you are enjoying your college experience. I learned to enjoy going to school/college where everyone was smart. You're up there at the top - and as long as you apply yourself and keep those priorities straight, you'll do GREAT! Good luck on all those exams!