Tuesday, January 30, 2007

So. I knew I was out of shape. But I didn't realize how out of shape I was until my first band rehersal last night. Holy cow. This has been the longest I've gone without playing my clarinet since.... 6th grade? I haven't touched it since May. I could barely hold a whole note. And I have this lovely little indent in the bottom of my lip. I suppose I'll get used to it again.
But on the bright side, we're playing 2 songs that I've already played before. One is Overture for Winds and I ABSOLUTELY loved this song when we played it last year! It was definitely a clarinet song... lol. Only this time I'm playing 2nd clarinet, instead of first, so that takes a little bit of adjustment. And we're playing a song that I played at Honor's Band last year, I don't remember the name of it though. And this time I have the exact same part. I get to sit by Maria since she's the only oboe, so I'm pretty pumped about that!
Another thing about being in band is that there's all these couples. And I guess my friend Becky is bound and determined to set me up with someone. So, we will have to see. There were a couple of cuties in there, but I'm guessing they're the ones that are already taken.... lol. Plus, the gay guy that is really cute... haha. Aren't they all?
Anyways... that's enough... time for me to get ready for EspaƱol.

No comments: