Sunday, January 07, 2007

So... I have 2 weeks left in my break, and I must say, it's been a pretty great break!
I went to a girls' basketball game on Friday night. I must say, listening to the Mean Machine instead of being a part of it brought back some memories... I even went back to the band room to visit... and two of my "friends" were in there. I tried talking to them but they kinda just stood there, so I said whatever and left. So they can't complain that I didn't try. Even though the basketball team may suck, the band is still good. Although, they don't sound nearly as good with out me. I mean, I carried the band, being first chair clarinet and all... hahaha. I wish.
After the game me and a bunch of friends went bowling. That was a lot of fun, because we had made it kind of a tradition to go bowling after the games last year. We only ended up bowling one game, yet we were at the bowling alley for 3 hours... lol. One of my friends came in that we hadn't seen since homecoming, so we sat around and talked for a long time. It was great to catch up with everyone.
I also learned that even after all of this, some of my classmates are still jerks. So, there's this guy Derek, and we used to be really good friends when we were little... then he got popular, and I didn't. And I only had a crush on him... for like... forever? lol. Anyways... he was at the game last night... he and his friends sat on one side of the gym, my friends and I on the other. So, on to the point of the story. I made eye contact with him a couple of times during the game, and even if he wouldn't have done that, he still would have had to see me... but did he or any of them make an effort to come talk to us? Nope. Should I have expected it? Nope. Did I make an effort? Nope... so I guess I shouldn't be talking? But who knows, I thought maybe college would change some people.
I've got my scholarship stuff all ready to go in the mail! So, pretty soon, I should actually have some money! My GPA wasn't what I expected it to be... but it was good enough to get me my scholarships, and I'm in "Good Standing" in the university. It makes me wonder what it would take to be in bad standing! lol. I did end up with a 2.5... because I got a D in Pre-Calc. I'm definitely not used to D's. But I have to keep reminding myself that it is a C+ average, and a C isn't that bad. And hopefully my J-Term grade will help out a lot... and I've still got 7 semesters to bring it back up! lol.
Hmmm... I think that's all I have to say for now. I hope everyone's 2007 is going great!

So I went back to read my comments... and now all the comments are showing up as anonymous? Is that with the new blogger? I'm hoping it's just a glitch!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

i wondered where you were! goody for you, still more vay-cay left - lucky girl!!

i hated that, too - my first year in college, suddenly my friends were acting like i thought i was too good for them. whatever. their loss - for my so-call friends and for yours, too!!

so how's your mom REALLY doing?

Allison said...

She's doing better. Although she still doesn't like to drive, so I don't know how I'm getting back up to La Crosse in a couple of weeks...