Saturday, September 29, 2007

So really. Who knew it would be so hard to change your major?

I've decided that I want to be a Psychology major with a Child/Youth care emphasis. So, I'm told my adviser to go to the College of Liberal Studies office, and all I have to do is fill out a form and then my major is changed. Well, no, it wouldn't be that simple now, would it? I had to go to the Psychology office... and then they gave me a sheet: "So..... you want to become a PSYCHOLOGY major... now what?" So I take the sheet, and I have to take these on-line Psychology tutorials? Basically telling me about the major... why I want to do it... what kind of jobs I can get and so on and so forth. Then I have to make an appointment with the Advising Coordinator. She will then decide if I can be a Pre-Psychology major. That's right, I won't even get to be a Psychology major yet. Until I take Stats and Psych 100 and get a C. Now I am TOTALLY kicking myself for wasting time in stupid Pre-Calc and Psych 212. So, if all goes smoothly... I should be a Psychology major when I'm a junior... and they do say it takes about 4 semesters to complete your major... so keep your fingers crossed for me?

Last night me and Miranda cooked for all of our friends. Originally it was for Brooke and Maria since they helped us move in... but we invited all of our friends. Miranda made some AMAZING lasagna... and I made chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting... and I must say... that was the most amazing frosting I have ever made. Really rich... so you couldn't eat a lot... but AMAZING nonetheless. I don't know if I'll be able to make it that good again! lol.

Ok. Well if you read all of that... I will give you a piece of that chocolate cake ;).

2 comments:

Valerie said...

gimme mah dang cake!!!

oh.lord. i had no idea changing your major was seriously a major pain in the...guess they want to make it complicated so that people don't change their majors every week (or when the classes get too hard).

Steff said...

Wow...I've never heard of such a rigerous amount of things to do to just declare a major!

Please pass along that recipe for PB frosting! Sounds yummy.