Sunday, June 03, 2007

Who knew graduation parties would be so awkward? I couldn't even carry on a 5 minute conversation with the people that I talked to everyday last year. Even seeing one of my best friends... it was just... so... sad? And then my best friend in the whole wide world, I never see her at all anymore. We went to school in the same town, she went to a private university. We didn't get to see each other at all 2nd semester, being only about a 10 minute walk away. I guess we just got busy... but I started staying up later just so we could talk. And I've seen her once since we've both moved home... she's turned into a workaholic. I'm even considering going back to the Good Sam, where she works as a CNA, just so I can see her more... I miss her like crazy.


Is it bad that I get insanely jealous of all these couples around me?

2 comments:

Valerie said...

no. not bad at all. i was always the third wheel for years...some days were better than others, but it does sucky-suck-suck.

and isn't it weird how just a year away changes people...and how you see them?

Steff said...

I'll never forget that first year back home from college. So many things were different and people were different. It's amazing the changes and growing up we do. Cheer up...it's all part of the circle (excuse my Lion King moment!).

And absolutely NO...it's okay to be a little bit jealous but don't let it control you.